Bedside cerebral blood flow measurement
The Carag Brain Monitoring System: a multifunctional brain probe to provide reliable, safe and efficient measurement of key neurologic parameters.
- Bedside cerebral blood flow
- Single probe for multiparameter measurements and simultaneous cerebrospinal fluid drainage
- Portable, state of the art patient monitor with intuitive large touch screen
Stroke, including subarachnoid hemorrhage, is one of the leading causes of disability and death worldwide. The major goal in emergency, intensive and operative care is to avoid secondary brain damage by monitoring key parameters of brain function such as intracranial pressure and temperature.
Today neuromonitoring has extended beyond intracranial pressure measurement. Monitoring methods designed to assess brain- and cerebrovascular activity facilitate therapeutic decision-making and intervention and potentially reduce secondary complications for patients who have suffered trauma brain injuries or a cerebrovascular event.
The Carag Brain Monitoring System (CBMS) is the first system to add a reliable, safe and efficient bedside measurement of cerebral blood flow (CBF) to a intraventricular probe. It measures key neurologic parameters, combined with miniaturization on chip technologies.
- Intracranial pressure
- Cerebral blood flow using state of the art/high-end technologies in the field of optics
- Intracranial temperature
The CBMS Monitor is a durable, ultra-lightweight and portable Medical PC (10.4”). Its graphical easy-to-use interface is optimized for touchscreen and can be operated simply by finger touch gestures. Inbuild battery support enables for uninterrupted monitoring during in-hospital transport.
For comprehensive patient information of the neurologic key parameters, the CBMS Monitoring Software provides a configurable graphical user interface. The visualization of vital parameters is performed as numerical values, as curves fields and as trend graphs fields.
- Incorporated alarm management with acoustics and visual alarms
- Predefined screens of parameter fields are individually selectable, tailored to various clinical situations
- Simple user guided indicator substance administration
- Calculation of CBF
The integrated patient data management system with storage of patient master data and all recordings of vital parameters and measurements enables trend analysis and measurement data review for several days.